Saturday, November 20, 2010

Clique Space(TM) and Microsoft Lync.

A bit of a development this evening. I get a reply from someone I never expected to receive a reply from. This individual is an employee of Microsoft, and he replied to a message I sent inviting comment on Clique Space. I was told of a product called Lync; a fairly new offering by Microsoft which looks to be a collaboration environment of sorts based around Microsoft products.

I have replied to the response, and I quote the reply I put excluding identifying characteristics of the individual as I neither sought nor received permission to publish these.

Here it is

After reading what Microsoft's LYNC is offering, I'll now attempt to challenge you by explaining a bit about how Clique Space looks at things. I hope you might find what I say interesting, and I hope you might engage me in a conversation over Clique Space. LYNC looks like a good way to achieve a collaborative environment, but a cursory look over it points to there being shortcomings that I find are present in many other such environments.

I believe self-reference and simplicity is crucial for any collaborative environment. The Clique Space data model is self-referential, very simple, and very generic. However, this data model is also extremely customisable to the functioning of any medium, and so I claim is a very powerful way to represent any collaborative activity of people over cyberspace. Clique Space will model any current and future collaborative hardware or software device. Clique Space will even model collaborative activity of devices which you may think are not collaborative, and it will do this in a completely consistent way.

However, the implementation of Clique Space is a very substantial task; one for which I haven't got the capability myself. I need the help of others, and so I appeal to you in the hope that you might respond positively. Even after my cursory review of LYNC, I remain to be convinced that anything comparable to Clique Space currently exists.

Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Of course I respect trademarks, and Lync, being one, is given its due respect. Although I realise that publishing this post may generate future business opportunities, I do not expect to derive any income directly from the use of any other proprietary marks. It's a little hard to talk about something without actually naming it.

No comments:

Post a Comment