Thursday, December 3, 2009

Clique Space(TM), a social nervous system, and moral good.

For those who might be following this blog, a question that I have been asking myself is with a system like Clique Space, is it possible to create a system that may express an evolving degree of nervous complexity? If such a concept might be so powerful, then what responsibility might be incumbent on its inventor to offer advice that a system like Clique Space may have undesirable moral consequences?

Firstly, I have stated before that the use of an invention leaves the control of the inventor the moment it is publicly disclosed. I decided that I would publicly disclose Clique Space when I applied for my patent. Now that it is patented, and I have subsequently disclosed it, I feel that I have limited responsibility of its use; such things are now the responsibility of the society in which I live, and like everyone else, I am subject to these decisions.

Now, on the technical side, I think Clique Space is a specification for a nervous system because one connects devices to it to make it function. Devices (Client Devices) are anything that can connect to a Clique Space, including the Clique Space Agent Devices - which may be thought of as the individual neurons that make up the nervous system of a Clique Space - themselves. Not only can a Client Device be something that one person might use to talk to another, but they can be things that might not be collaborative; things like cars (mentioned in my previous post) television sets, golf balls, robotic devices of any type, etc.

So, we have Client Devices that connect to a cluster of Agent Devices (themselves Client Devices) which comprise a Clique Space. The human body is comprised of cells that make up muscles and organs of various types that connect to a special type of cell (called a neuron) of which large numbers of these collectively function as the body's central nervous system. This has to be more than a trivial coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment