Sunday, December 6, 2009

Clique Space(TM) and Silicon Valley Bullshit.

My prime motivation for coming up with something like Clique Space was that in no way was I going to continue to participate further in the software development industry if my participation required becoming a corporate nomad to serve the interests of a management structure that was pathologically attached to the notion of physical collocation.

Together sucks. It really does suck arse. I would rather be getting a pension than participating in your life of corporate nomadicity; wedded to my work so that I can pay off a credit card that affords me nothing more than the ability to accrue a debt that is serviced by the work that I am wedded to.

I have talked to people, and they say to me that in order to promote my idea, I should consider going to Silicon Valley to give it a hearing. You can hear my idea from me now. I am talking about it right now. Anyone on this planet can start talking to me.

I will not be pedalling my idea from anywhere else on this planet unless I get commitment that I will get something from the inconvenience first, and that doing so will not leave me stranded anywhere else on this planet. If it seems that others would rather wait for my patent to lapse than to help me register it world wide, I will frustrate and confound you all when I register my patent in the US and Europe.

In all other respects, I hope to be philosophical.

3 comments:

  1. That second-last paragraph is a threat, but it will also be my prerogative. I may let the technology slip into the public domain, but this will be something I will decide when (or if) the opportunity seems realistically likely to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the 'prerogative' is unavoidable if one simply doesn't have the money. I have registered in AU, NZ and US, and will have hit the 30 month deadline in two day's time.

    C'est la vie. I hope it's registered in about 15% of a world market. Everywhere else, I hope it's prior art which is better that it being the property of a software leviathan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noteworthy for the circling vultures: my prototype continues to evolve, and the functionality as well (perhaps) as the complexity of the implementation continues to grow.

    Clique Space isn't dead yet. Hence, you might like to get in contact with me.

    ReplyDelete