Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Clique Space(TM) Progress Report

Apparently, a Client Device can disconnect and activate a remote Client Device's Connection, and deactivate a remote Client Device's Active Affiliation. The logic to get one Client Device to form a Clique between another and a serving Agent Device is still buggy. Hence, this is what I've turned my attentions to now.

Once I do this, I may yet be able to pick up working on the Agent Collaboration from where I had quarantined the code. I had revisited on the Agent Collaboration about a month ago, but was diverted by the necessity of remote Client Device administration.

Anyway, once I nail the remote Clique formation, I might not yet return to the Agent Collaboration. I might in fact, work on the Clique Space View. I see the issue of the View as being quite a technical achievement in its own right. What I have had in mind for the View implementation may be at least as involved as the implementation of the core Clique Space application logic, and equally central to the full realisation of the Clique Space concept.

However, I think I'm going to run into a problem. The thing is, it (at least currently) appears that the RMI framework over which I am building Clique Space is incapable of handling code as if it were data. I.e., while data, describing the state of objects, can be transmitted from an RMI server to a client, the little I currently know about RMI tells me that it is incapable of transmitting JVM bytecode instructions from server to client. RMI appears to cover this issue with something called a code base server, but for so many reasons, it appears inadequate.

Hence, I might have to roll my own real-time on-the-fly code distribution solution, and hence it might be better to concentrate on the Agent Collaboration. On the other hand, I might be able to cobble together a start on the View that doesn't have to rely on reinventing a code distribution mechanism so I could demonstrate Clique Space to the people who attend demos that I hold from time to time. I want to be able to show at least a glimpse what a Clique Space is meant to look like, and the current code-trace console output is hardly giving people what they want. I want to get a functioning View so others would be able to understand what Clique Space is.

A partial implementation of the View would be a good move in terms of demonstrating the proof-of-concept.

Agent Collaboration v Clique Space View: things to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment