Saturday, September 25, 2010

Clique Space(TM) and the smart grid.

I am listening to a segment on BBC world news about the so called "smart" electricity grid. John Arnold of Microsoft is being interviewed about the subject of integrating devices in the home with utility suppliers, and presenting everything to the home user through their own customisable interface, email messages, or phone text messages.

Clique Space. Hello?

I think I have something far more powerful than anything a Microsoft executive can prattle on radio show about. I think I can do all that any "smart grid" might want, but I also think I can model people collaborating and exchanging information over every conceivable current or future media. I think I can do this as reliably as any device that a user is operating can report usage. I think I can do all this over devices composed of physical hardware, software, a mixture of both. I think I can create new virtual devices which are a composition of other devices ad infinitum. I think I can model the collaborative reasons for why people might get together; thereby modelling any formal structure involved in collaborative or information exchange between two or more individuals. I think I can model the activity of individuals who might be engaging in activity that is not considered "collaborative" like travel and any other activity one might consider as having no traditional mode of communication.

I think I can do all this without violating the sacred notion of individual privacy - a notion that exists at Clique Space's core. In fact, I believe I could just as well (so, indeed, I will) say that Clique Space introduces a flexible and robust notion of sacred individuality to a secular society. Nothing I have seen has been able to assert so much with such a simple mechanism as I have put forward for Clique Space.

I've offered this idea to the world so that it might try to prove the idea wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment